Latest Events & Happening
About UsElectrical Engineering Department was established with the establishment of the institute in 1962 under the guidance of former Principal & Secretary Prof. N.R. Dasgupta and Headed by Prof. D.Gupta. In the past 41 years, the department has successfully scaled new heights of achievements in the field of electrical technician education and has earned the reputation in this field. Previously the department was located in the old Main Building of the Institute and recently it is shifted and Expanded on first and second floor of Textile Building. The Department is well established with qualified and experienced faculty and laboratory instruments & equipments. The department is comprises of :
- General Electrical Engineering Lab
- Electrical Machine Lab
- Measurement and Instrumentation Lab
- Electrical Circuit Lab
- Electronics Lab
- Electrical Workshop
- Project Lab
- Electrical Test Lab
- Project Lab
- Three class rooms
Objective of the Department
- To Offer diploma course in Electrical Engineering with diversified subjects of engineering and technology.
- To provide continuing education facilities to the working persons of industries to enhance their qualification in part time.
- To establish electrical test lab to cater testing of electrical instruments, transformer and motors etc.
- To organize useful short-term programs in the field of Electrical Engineering
- Infrastructural facilities including teaching faculties & staff
- Workable reforms in the present day education pattern in Engineering
- Continuously facilitate environment across the region in all the concerned spheres so as to achieve above Mission objectives
- To Incorporate more and more Industrial field training and exposure to students and faculty members & to encourage Hands on Trial
- To put forth efforts for starting new courses in Engineering Trends in Engineering & Technologies
- Collaborate with Higher Institute of Learning in the fields of Engineering & Technology such as I.I.T., National Engineering Colleges & others, so as to upgrade knowledge of faculty members and also to upgrade facilities in our Institution
- To encourage more & more Institute -Industry interaction for benefit to both faculty & industry & also to society at large. Also, to encourage real life industrial projects to be taken by students, faculty members and enrich the experience.