Set up in 1981 with an intake of 20 students/year, the department now enjoys a population of 60 students/year. This successful growth is due to the dedicated performance and zeal of its well-knit team of zappy and high spirited experienced academic and non-academic staff. The passage of about 3 decades has not withered the rich ideals introduced by the predecessors. Since its inception the department has been able to maintain a healthy environment which is conducive for effective teaching/learning and versatile development of girls and boys hailing from diverse section of the society. The department has under its canopy, spacious class-rooms and labs loaded with latest generation machines/instruments. It also encompasses well equipped computer/design lab, access to internet facility which fulfils the need of Tech-Savvy and internet friendly students.
To be in phase with the present fast paced vibrant industrial environment curriculum was revised in the year 2008. Last year all the students got job through personal intervention of the staff/campus interview. Diploma students have an option for higher education in Engineering Colleges through lateral entry. This department has always put emphasis to occlude the generation of smattered and inutility which in turn will help the pass-outs to come out of intramural and become intrepid, diacritical and pyrotechnic. The department under the same blue sky which was about 3 decades back basks and glints due to the glory of pass-outs.
- Infrastructural facilities including teaching faculties & staff
- Workable reforms in the present day education pattern in Engineering
- Continuously facilitate environment across the region in all the concerned spheres so as to achieve above Mission objectives
- To Incorporate more and more Industrial field training and exposure to students and faculty members & to encourage Hands on Trial
- To put forth efforts for starting new courses in Engineering Trends in Engineering & Technologies
- Collaborate with Higher Institute of Learning in the fields of Engineering & Technology such as I.I.T., National Engineering Colleges & others, so as to upgrade knowledge of faculty members and also to upgrade facilities in our Institution
- To encourage more & more Institute -Industry interaction for benefit to both faculty & industry & also to society at large. Also, to encourage real life industrial projects to be taken by students, faculty members and enrich the experience.